- Kick off your weekend with a picnic lunch and a free concert at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion!
- If you like Johnny Cash, you can get Cashed out Thursday night at Double Door starting at 9pm.
- If you are downtown Friday at lunchtime- go check out Donut Day at the Thompson Center.
- And Friday night, the very talented Katie Todd and her band will be debuting new music from their forthcoming album entitled “The House”. The Joynt on Dearborn and Erie. And no cover if you tell them I sent you at the door.
- Theresa Carter, of the Local Tourist and Jim Goodrich are having a Route 66 send off party at Cactus Bar and Grill. The send-off party is $10 and raises money for pediatric cancer research.
- Barefoot Wine Clean-Up from 2-4 at Oak Street beach. Barefoot Wine and the Surfrider Foundation, are on a cleanup tour -and they are stopping in Chicago. They are looking for volunteers to keep our beaches barefoot friendly.
- BURBS: Check out ROCKIN’ for JOPLIN… A Fundraiser in Westmont for the tornado victims in Joplin, MO.
- Join your Polkaholic friends at Mayfest in Lincoln Square where you will celebrate the traditional German celebration of the arrival of spring.
- Do-Division Street Fest and Sidewalk Sale at Division and Damen.
- The Chicago Tribune’s Printer’s Row Lit Fest, it is considered the largest free outdoor literary event in the Midwest. That’s on Dearborn and Polk
- Sausage Fest in Wrigleyville boasts national musicians, clever boutiques and all the the sausage you can shake a stick at.
- Dose Market celebrates Chicago’s dynamic fashion, food, and design at the River East Art Center- but that’s on Sunday only.
- IAN MAKSIN, at DIXON STRINGS with special guest Ana Fau from 5-8.
This video was sponsored by The Joynt Chicago. With four rooms of music- there’s something for everyone.
If you have an event to add or want to sponsor a show, please email me jen at jenchicago dot com