On Thursday, January 20, Social Media Club Chicago hosted their first event of 2011 at Morningstar, Inc. I was there to catch the learning, drinking, eating and networking.
Panelist speakers were:
- Leslie Banks, director of marketing for Morningstar’s Financial Communications Business
- Mark Ragan, publisher of PR Daily and PR Daily Europe; Ragan.com; and Healthcare Marketing and Communications News
- Alecia Dantico, vice president, digital, at Weber Shandwick
- Staci Tara Diamond, advertising director at PTM
- Michelle Leder, founder and editor of Footnoted
Food Sponsor: Domino’s Pizza @Ramon_DeLeon
From their site:
Social Media Club [SMC] is a worldwide organization, with local chapters, that serves as connecting organization for anyone interested in social media. Membership is free and open to all levels, including beginners. Chicago’s SMC chapter, launched in October 2008, presents events that mix socializing, networking and learning. For more information, visit http://smcchicago.org, email email@example.com, follow @smcchicago on twitter.com or call 630.207.7530.
I also grabbed an interview with gal pal and co-creator of TheAustinGrandPrix.com
And one more with my buddy and new author of Mafia Hairdresser, Jon David.